We seek to be devoted to prayer so that we may honor God through our dependence on Him.
Stuck in your prayer life? Use the following strategic prayer guides to spark your supplications before the Lord!
(click on one of the choices below to see the guide)
The following prayer emphases are provided to guide you in focusing prayer on the needs and issues facing our church family.
• Pray that marriages and family relationships throughout the congregation will be strengthened.
• Pray that strained or broken relationships, among families and friends as well as acquaintances, will be restored.
• Pray that our church family will be united in our worship of God, fellowship with one another, and ministry to the community. Ask God to help believers confront and remove issues and problems that threaten this unity.
• Pray that believers throughout the church will grow in relationship with Christ as they follow the path of discipleship.
• Pray for the shut-ins in our church, as well as those who are widowed and living alone. Ask God to bless and encourage them, anointing their lives with power for ministry as well as help for the needs they face daily.
• Pray that the youth in our church will stand strong for Christ in their schools and with their friends. Ask God to help each young person to follow His plan for their lives, both now and in the years to come.
• Pray that God will bless the children of the church, protecting them from harm and helping them to grow strong in the Lord as they prepare for a lifetime of serving Christ.
• Pray that the men in our church will have a powerful impact on its ministries, and that they will provide godly leadership in their homes, the church, and throughout the community.
• Pray that the women in our church will serve as leaders and role models of strength, maturity, and ministry at the church, in their families, and in the community.
• Pray that Christ will be at the center of every ministry, service, and event that takes place within the church and congregation.
• Pray that visitors to the church will sense the love and compassion of Christ, expressed through every member of the congregation.
• Pray for members of the congregation battling physical illness, emotional struggles or facing spiritual needs. Ask God to minister to them in miraculous ways.
• Pray that God will meet the financial needs of the church, and that believers would give generously and sacrificially through tithes and offerings.
• Pray that members of the congregation will convey a strong witness of the gospel to their community, through integrity, love, and godliness.
The following prayer emphases are provided to guide you in focusing prayer for all those who volunteer in ministry in our church.
• Pray that people in the church will seek God’s help in identifying how He has gifted them for service, and that they will seek to nurture that gift.
• Pray that people throughout the congregation will sense and respond to God’s prompting to volunteer for ministry service.
• Pray that volunteers will commit themselves to being faithful and consistent in their service, recognizing the ministry they do as an important responsibility that will have an impact on eternity.
• Pray for wisdom among those who recruit and appoint volunteers, that they will follow God’s leading and recognize the giftings of the members of the congregation.
• Pray that God will protect all who serve in the church as they participate in activities, events, and other forms of church ministry.
• Pray that God will give volunteers wisdom in their use of finances, as well as their relationships with individuals involved in the various church ministries.
• Pray that God will equip and enable volunteers to work together in unity, not allowing feelings of competition or perceived unfairness to dampen their enthusiasm for ministry. May the many personalities of individuals, as well as their unique, God-given ambitions function together in love and cooperation by the power of the Holy Spirit.
• Pray specifically for volunteers in each of the areas of ministry where they serve in our church. Here are a few familiar volunteer areas: * Children * Youth * Music * Young Adult/College * Men’s Ministries * Women’s Ministries * Senior Adult Ministries * Hospitality Ministries * Maintenance and Janitorial * Sound/Media Ministries * Prayer Ministries * Small Group Ministries
The following prayer emphases are provided to guide you in focusing prayer for the various services occurring in our church each week.
• Pray that those attending the services will arrive with a sense of anticipation, seeking God for changed lives and manifestations of spiritual power.
• Pray that the congregation will share a common passion for praise and worship during the services.
• Pray that God will anoint musicians and singers during the times of worship.
• Pray that the Holy Spirit will speak to the heart of each individual in every service. May they be open to the message of truth and responsive to the conviction of the Holy Spirit, even as they apply the message of the Word personally.
• Pray that all who attend will be motivated to share what they hear from the Word with family and friends who don’t have a relationship with Christ.
• Pray that any unsaved person who attends the services will discover and pursue a personal relationship with Christ.
• Pray that visitors will be drawn to attend the services, and will experience a life-changing encounter with Christ through services.
• Pray that church members will openly welcome visitors to the services, and provide an environment where newcomers will sense the love of Christ and the sincere invitation to fellowship.
• Pray that God will provide for the needs of the church through sufficient tithes and offerings, and that those gifts will be used wisely and according to God’s leading in obedience to the Great Commission.
The following prayer emphases are provided to guide you in focusing prayer for the outreach and evangelism ministries of our church.
• Pray that church members will build relationships with friends and neighbors who need the Lord, and that those relationships will open doors for ministry and evangelism.
• Pray that God will provide opportunities for our church to express the love of Christ to the community in tangible ways.
• Pray that God will guide the leadership of our church in finding creative and effective ways to reach out to the community.
• Pray that God will help the congregation and leadership overcome any spiritual battles that stand in the way of reaching the community effectively.
• Pray that members of the congregation will develop a passion to become involved in community outreach, and that God will bless their efforts.
• Pray that God will guide and protect all those who participate in community outreach events.
• Pray that those reached through evangelism efforts will subsequently grow in their relationship with Christ. Also pray that the church and leadership will be able to establish a strong discipleship program for new believers.
• Pray that the youth and children in the church will follow the lead of the Holy Spirit in reaching out to fellow students with the message of Christ.
• Pray that the church family will respond warmly and convey a sense of welcome toward all who come into the church as a result of outreaches.
• Pray that the gospel would be clear in every outreach we undertake.
• Pray that God will provide opportunities for our church to work in unison with other congregations in larger, city-wide outreaches. Seek God for a sense of unity to develop between all believers in the community with regard to reaching people for Christ.
The following prayer emphases are provided to guide you in focusing prayer for our city, state, and nation.
• Pray that people throughout the city will open their hearts to the word of God, and grasp that He has a loving and eternal plan for their lives.
• Pray that God will give wisdom and direction to the mayor, city council, and all other city leaders.
• Pray that God will provide help and protection to law enforcement, EMT, and firefighters throughout the city.
• Pray that God will bring provision, help, and protection into the lives of teachers and school administrators throughout the county and city.
• Pray that God will bless the efforts of business leaders and owners throughout the city, that economic conditions and employment will be strong.
• Pray for county leaders and officials, seeking God for provision and protection in their lives.
• Pray for our governor, as well as state senate and congressional members and leaders.
• Pray that God will provide for those who are hurting and in need, both locally and nationally. Ask that He move on the hearts of believers to help meet needs in as much as they are able to do so.
• Pray for the President and cabinet, that they will look to God for guidance, help, and wisdom.
• Pray for members of the U. S. Congress and Senate, including our own, asking God to provide for them and help them. Pray as well that they will look to God for direction and guidance as they help to lead the nation.
• Pray for our court system, locally as well as the state courts and the U.S. Supreme Court. Ask God’s blessing and guidance upon judges, and that they would look to Him for help and direction.
• Pray for God’s protection and provision for our military. Ask that He especially bless and protect those serving in dangerous places and performing dangerous jobs.
The following prayer emphases are provided to guide you in focusing prayer for our pastor and staff.
• Pray for a powerful anointing of the Holy Spirit upon our pastoral leadership.
• Pray for wisdom and leadership for our pastor in dealing with the challenges of ministry, be they physical, emotional, or spiritual.
• Pray that God will protect the heart of our pastor and his family against the deception and lure of impure thoughts and deeds.
• Pray that our pastor will remain bold in proclaiming spiritual truth, even when it is unpopular to do so.
• Pray that our pastors’ life will be marked by integrity and godliness.
• Pray that God will strengthen and bless family relationships of our pastor.
• Pray that God will bless, strengthen, and guide the financial and administrative leaders within the church.
• Pray that God will provide our pastor with strong friendships and fellowship, both at a local and district level.
• Pray that God will grant our pastor strong health, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
• Pray that God will help our pastor develop strong relationships with other pastors and churches in the community, as well as with community leaders.
• Pray that our pastor will be blessed with the guidance and anointing of the Holy Spirit at all times.
• Pray that God will provide for our pastor and his family in areas of finances and other temporal needs.
• Pray that God will grant our pastor vision and guidance regarding the ministry gifts and callings of each member of the congregation, that they might use those giftings to the fullness of their potential.
• Pray that God will grant our pastor humility, love, compassion, and kindness at all times.
The following prayer emphases are provided to guide you in focusing prayer for U. S. and World Missions.
• Pray for each of the U.S. missionaries and missions projects supported by our church. (See Bro. Seth for details of these missions)
• Pray that a powerful anointing will rest upon each of our missionaries as they proclaim the gospel and do the work of ministry.
• Pray for missionaries as they itinerate for funds, that God will provide fully for their budgets. Pray as well that God will move on the hearts of individuals, giving them a passion for missions and a desire to give sacrificially in response to the presentation of the need.
• Pray that new opportunities and mission fields will open up around the world, and that missionaries will have wisdom in pursuing those opportunities.
• Pray for God’s protection on missionaries and their families. Ask Him to guard their well-being in dangerous and unfamiliar areas. Pray also that He will protect them from spiritual attack and danger.
• Pray that new believers will grow strong in the Lord and stand firm in the faith despite challenges and even persecution that is inevitable on some mission fields.
• Pray that God will move on the hearts of young people, calling them to a commitment to take the gospel around the world, as well as to the difficult areas of our own nation.
• Pray that God will bless and comfort missionaries and their families as they grapple with issues of loneliness and isolation from loved ones. Pray especially for those separated from loved ones during a time of family crisis, such as the death of a family member.
• Pray that God will give Christians a powerful vision and passion to pray consistently for the work of missions across the country and around the world.